Dedication to helping consumers make smart insurance decisions


Did we not say enough?

No comments
Did we not say enough? -

When I was 25, I understand the value of life insurance and planning for the unexpected.
My father died suddenly at the age of 44 years without life insurance.
I remember I left college and go home for the funeral. My aunt took me aside and told me that the family was pooling money together to pay the fee. What could I do?
We all did what we could. It is not enough to dampen my family the financial gap that my father had left behind.
Although my story is not uncommon today as a financial professional with over two decades in the field, I know it is useless.
When my father (right) died, I was still in college. My young brothers and sisters had to be done.
Although my parents divorced when I was 13, my father's ability to contribute to our future well-being was paramount. As the eldest of three children, I learned to do with what was available. It was not always easy, but it was a full education of important life lessons that eventually led me to my career. My mother cleaned hospitals for life and taught me how to manage resources like any business school ever could. She relies on me to take care of my siblings and our house while she was at work. I earn money by mowing lawns, raking leaves and shoveling snow in the neighborhood. I worked throughout college and got my license for life insurance as a junior through an internship program at a financial services company.
untimely death of my father took a heavy emotional impact on all of us: We grieved the father that we liked, and we were struggling with questions about why he has not taken even a policy small group to protect his family. Do not he know? Did we not say enough?
Despite uplifting stories like mine, many people choose to give up to even the most basic plans in place. Involuntary lesson my father taught me to do the planning made me determined to lift the economic well-being of my own family and helping others to do the same in my community. My choice to help others with their plans for a financial future is not a career choice, it is a mission.
If your own history does not move to take action, you are allowed to borrow mine!

No comments :

Post a Comment