Dedication to helping consumers make smart insurance decisions


When Crowd-funding is not enough

No comments
When Crowd-funding is not enough -

When I'm 22, I moved to New York City. I had just graduated from college and my parents agreed to support my first months as I plunged headlong into the theater. For Thanksgiving, I started to have a foot and had some exciting concerts lined up for the end of the year. Then I get a phone call, I will never forget.

"gone, Daddy" my mother said. I could hear the pain, love, shock and uncertainty in his voice. I could not believe it. How could my father, to 49, disappeared? Suddenly I felt the deep permanence of death. I could not call the most. I could not ask his advice. I could not give her a hug when I was flying home for Christmas. My family had a huge hole, dad fit.

As I packed that night to steal home, I could not help thinking my time in New York was up. Admittedly, I have to move the house to make sure my brother stayed in college and my mother has not lost her home. After all, my father was the primary breadwinner. Without his income, I knew we would have problems.

Pots are not going to put a check in the mailbox for the next mortgage payment.

When I landed in Denver, I experienced the incredible support from family and friends. We did not have to cook for weeks and relied heavily on their orientation while walking in the early days of shock and grief. Yet the question of how my mother was going to weigh heavily on me. Pots are not going to put a check in the mailbox for the next mortgage payment.

My father had a plan

Fortunately, my father had a plan. His love for my mother, my brother and I became apparent in new ways that we came to political will and two life insurance out of the file cabinet. He gave us the space to mourn and deal by making an insurance company on the hook for college, mortgage, retirement and even my mother. Losing my father did not have to say all lose.

Unfortunately, millions of Americans are totally unprepared for the loss, the loss in permanent particular. Because we have learned to find the cheapest insurance possible and conditioned to buy only what the government mandates, we go through life betting that our friends and family will understand how to "make it work." While I firmly believe in human ingenuity, I have difficulty accepting the fact that Americans often InSure their cars and homes for the full replacement value, while leaving relatives to understand when they die.

Does your family must "make it work? "Or, you express your love for them by ensuring your ability to provide a home, vacation, college and space with life insurance?

in the last two months, I have read at least five stories of families walking through the tragedy, I know too well. In each situation, the loving friends given and shared a crowdfunding website to help cover the cost of final expenditure :. $ 5,000 here, $ 10,000 there

Although this is a lot of money, it is far from enough. If a 35 year old dies making only $ 30,000 a year, her family would suffer a loss of more than $ 1.4 million, adjusted for inflation each year to 3%. College, holidays, weddings, gifts, groceries, cars, houses and space to mourn disappear when the "run" the plan takes effect.

What is your plan? An insurance professional can help you navigate your protection strategy. Does your family must "run?" Or, as my father, you express your love for them otherwise ensuring your ability to provide a home, vacation, college and space with the life insurance?

No comments :

Post a Comment