Dedication to helping consumers make smart insurance decisions


Silver-Ours, Yours, Mine

No comments
Silver-Ours, Yours, Mine -

Money was on the mind of everyone these days. The debt ceiling crisis being pushed at the 11th hour had everyone on pins and needles. Add to this degradation of Standard & Poor rating of US credit, the roller coaster ride of the stock market ... and it keeps getting more complex. I looked around to see if I could find a simple explanation of some of these concepts, and ran across some infographics I wanted to share. It helps put the problem and how it looks in striking relief.

This is what the debt of the United States looks like in terms you can view a-building. Yet it is truly unfathomable.

Nothing like a infographic movement to bring it on home as well. Check the clock of debt.

This is infographic shows how the national debt has changed in the last decade ... greatly simplified, but it helps to pave the way to where we are.

So my googling got me into more personal territory. I wanted to see where the money of an average person goes. This shows how the average American spends his (or her) money. Housing takes an average of just under $ 17,000. Phew! (I know these data from the US Department of Labor, as we used during our campaign to highlight the importance of protecting your paycheck with disability insurance.)

Then, of course, you want to know what your kids are really cost you. Can it be? (I think they should have the class erupted just for how much diapers cost.) And you thought the life insurance to cover these costs in case something were to happen to you, right?

And just because I hate it when people talk about how much money I could save for retirement if I stopped to get a coffee mug ... I added this. Hmmm, which one to choose?

No comments :

Post a Comment