Dedication to helping consumers make smart insurance decisions


What I Did For Love

No comments
What I Did For Love -


I made the improbable jump music journalist blogger insurance a year ago, and it was partly because I had now a child. Journalism music had taken me to some of the most exhilarating after games, coaches and concerts that any 20 something could hope to experience, but it all melted into oblivion the first time I met the gaze of my daughter.

Children make you soft. Your views, fresh sages melt like ice in the sun from their eyes. And so I landed a content writing work, which I found to my delight that insurance and technology are just as fascinating as the music.
With my new job came a huge influx of knowledge on insurance, and I am sometimes surprised. One of the biggest shocks of my system was during a telephone conversation with a client who told me that you can get life insurance for something like $ 20 a month.
That night, I shopped for life insurance policies with the same zeal that I would once reserved for hunting an obscure, limited edition vinyl Robert Johnson. Children ... they change us.
When it came time to buy the policy that I chose, my infant daughter woke up with these whining break-your-heart that every mother lives and dies by. I nursed him back to sleep, slept, and returned to my computer to find that my enthusiasm for my life insurance policy found decreased and drew his last breath.
What was happening here? Should I not be happy with the chance to protect the future of my daughter for about $ 20 a month? Should I shouted this message on the roofs of every city in daycare?
And then it hit me ... I did not want to buy a life insurance policy because it would be an admission that perhaps something could happen to me, leaving my daughter alone. I would never curl hair or yell at him to call the boys. She would never lie on my knees and cry because one of the boys had been mean to her. For some reason, brushing off the idea felt safer. I protect it with the strength of my refusal.

Then I watched this video of Tracy Basden.
Yesterday, I called an agent here in Georgia. He found a policy term life of 30 years. It is $ 25 per month for $ 330,000 in coverage. My rate will never change. I have known a lot of sticker shock since I was a parent. And that was the sticker shock, too, but the good kind.
I'm not a perfect parent. My daughter does not eat 100% healthy, organic foods. And maybe I let him watch too many cartoons. But you know what? Buying life insurance is one thing I know I did it right.

No comments :

Post a Comment